· Demonstrate an ability to critically review theory development and/or data collection methods.
· Produce an original research project.
· Produce a clear and well-structured piece of writing.
· Show awareness of ethical implications of research.
· Work in a self-directed and independent way.
· Design, carry out and write up a research project that involves fieldwork and primary data collection or is theory-based (40 credit)
Design, carry out and write up a criminological and/or sociological research project. It requires students to write a project based on fieldwork and the collection of data through quantitative and/or qualitative research methods.