Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
• Read Chapter 3 in Applied Psychology in Talent Management.
• View the Minimizing the Cost of Employee Turnover (Links to an external site.)
Keeping in mind the utility theory and optimizing staffing outcome strategies discussed in Chapter 3 of the course textbook, discuss the pros and cons of using existing applicant pools (“making”) or investing in recruitment efforts (“buying”) to expand applicant pools.
• Which strategies are most costly?
• Which might maximize staffing outcomes and why?
• Finally, apply these concepts to the real world. Browse various recruiting websites (e.g., Monster.com, LinkedIn) and describe the ways organizations attempt to entice What are the similarities?
What ways do they try to differentiate themselves?
Your initial response should be a minimum of 200 words. Graduate school students learn to assess the perspectives of several scholars. Support your response with at least one scholarly resource in addition to the text.