Case Study Final Paper (100 points)
You will be required to write a short (five-pages, double-spaced, 12 point font, 1 in. margins)
paper on the topic you sign up for on the third week of class. Only word or pages documents
will be accepted on Blackboard. Pdfs will not be accepted. The paper must include the
1. Define the health problem [where does it occur, how many people are dealing with it, is it a historical or current problem, what are the health endpoints (i.e., death, disease, etc.)].
2. What are the risk factors?
3. What communities/people are most impacted by this problem?
4. What are three community-level interventions that have been suggested for this problem?
5. Describe one (original) intervention you would design to help fix this problem.
6. How would you monitor whether your intervention was successful?
You will also need a reference list with 4 peer reviewed journal articles. If you are unsure
whether a source is peer-reviewed, check with the Health Sciences librarian or with me.
References formatting should be in the style of Ecology academic journal.