Counseling and Neuroscience
Describe in your own words your understanding of Memory Reconsolidation (MR). Can you give examples from your own personal experience that fits with this theory?
4 APA7 references
• Cozolino, L. (2017). The neuroscience of psychotherapy: Healing the social brain (3rd. ed.). W.W. Norton & Company.
• Cozolino, L. (2017). The neuroscience of psychotherapy: Healing the social brain. W.W. Norton & Company
o Chapter 1: The entangled histories of neurology and psychology (pp. 3-13).
o Chapter 2: Building and rebuilding the brain: Psychotherapy and neuroscience (pp.14-33).
• Ecker, B., & Bridges, S. K. (2020). How the science of memory reconsolidation advances the effectiveness and unification of psychotherapy. Clinical Social Work Journal, 48, 287-300. https://doi.org/10/1007/s10615-020-00754-z
• Van der Kolk, B. (2014). The body keeps the score: Mind, brain and body transformation of trauma. Penguin.
• Siegel, D.J. (2012). Mindsight: Change your brain and your life. Scribe.
• Doidge, N. (2010). The brain that changes itself: Stories of personal triumph from the frontiers of brain science (Revised ed.). Scribe.
• Schwartz, R.C., & Sweezy, M. (2020). Internal family systems therapy (2nd ed.). Guildford Press.