You have been assigned to help Christopher Martin determine what went wrong with the project and develop a recommendation for Terry Baker. Time is short but a copy of an earned value analysis template has been provided to help you (Exhibit 8). The template is included under the final exam tab. Complete the excel file and answer the following questions:
1. Which of the two components are underperforming according to the plan? How do you know this?
2. Are the components of the project within budget? How do you know?
3. What can you conclude by looking at the combined earned value data for the project?
4. Why did Terry Baker think that the project was going according to plan the entire time?
5. Hoe much longer will the project take?
6. What should Martin have done earlier in the project timeline to prevent delays?
7. What should Martin do when managing future projects to prevent similar problems from developing?
You are expected to submit the following:
1- Your completed EVA excel file with all calculations.
2- Add a graph similar to Figure 13.9 to show the EVA analysis for the Software Customization project only. Put it on a separate sheet.
3- A pdf file (3 pages max) that includes the answers to the above 7 questions.