Chapter 21:1) Choose a primary source visual from this time (1930-1941). You can find a list of artists on the Federal Arts Project Wikipedia page. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Art_Project)
a current event or political situation, or something in your own experience.
3) Tell us a little about the work of art you chose as well as the artist.
*** Chapter 22: ( Watch the snippet of Saving Private Ryan that depicts the fight to take Omaha beach.)
1. Provide some background to the D-Day Invasion (brief information you might add to Key Term). Why do you think that historians view this battle as being a crucial step for the Allies?
2. What amazed/surprised/frightened/saddened/humored you about this scene?
3. Were you aware of the of what happened to the soldiers in this battle and the sacrifices made by young Americans to win the Second World War? Did this clip make you reflect on whether war is ever “worth it”?
4. If you know someone who (or you, yourself) experienced battle, and are willing to talk about it, consider putting your/their recollections in this forum.