Week 9 — Literature Search Questions (Virtual Session)
- Establish proper literature search to explore ferrocene compounds and their usage.
- Provide a list of associated socioeconomic and safety regulations.
- Design potential instrumental approaches for the chemical analyses of ferrocene analogies.
To get a pass for this activity, students’ groups will be required to discuss their findings when asked at the end of the session. It is common to regroup students for 30 minutes and request from them to demonstrate their findings and the resources they utilized. (No notebook pages are required as the OneNote is used, and a record of the work is saved.)
- What are organometallic compounds?
- What are current organometallic compounds approved by the FDA for treating cancer?
- Why are ferrocene derivatives or analogs needed?
- What advantages would these ferrocene molecules present to the metal-based drugs?
- Why are we focusing on the investigation of well-known ferrocene standards in this research project?
- What technique(s) do you recommend for investigating solubility of ferrocene analogs? What results do you expect to see?
- What technique(s) do you recommend for investigating the purity of ferrocene analogs? What results do you expect to see?
- What technique(s) do you recommend for investigating the structure of the ferrocene analogs? What results do you expect to see?
- In what ways do ferrocene compounds have socioeconomic relevance?
- Share a list of your literature sources.