- Demonstrate your developing critical thinking skills by identifying and discussing systems and institutions of oppression and their impact on targeted groups based on race, class, gender/sexuality and/or ethnicity during the covered time period in California history.
- Compare and contrast and discuss the intersections of varied historical experiences. Compare and contrast how the various targeted groups resisted and challenged these varied forms of oppression. How does this approach to history inform your understanding and analysis of current social justice issues today?
(Utilize any relevant assigned materials from week 1 to the present)
- B) Instructions:
- Submit your essay on CANVAS, under the Essay Assignment icon. Submit in PDF format only (if using Google docs, Note book or Word, convert to PDF and then submit).
- Name, date and class at top of page with Essay #1 as the title.
- Write essay prompt/question in bold and respond below.