Powerpoint of an unique empire that incorporates characteristics from civilizations
In the first two units of this course, you have learned about several historical civilizations and the way that they lived such as the Roman Empire, the Greek city states, the Persians, Babylonians, Sumerians, Egyptians, Empire of Aksum, Olmecs, Zapotecs and many more!
For this project, you will be demonstrating your understanding of these empires by creating your own new unique empire which incorporates characteristics from at least four of the civilizations that you learned about in this unit. You will then create a PowerPoint presentation which provides an overview of your new empire and what it would be like. You can choose from the following lists of characteristics to incorporate into your empire:
- Culture: Choose the culture of your empire. Remember you can choose only from one empire.
- Art, inventions, or Architecture: Which empire will you like yours to imitate for art, inventions, or architecture?
- Daily Life: Which empire would you model the daily life in your society from? Would you rather people live like they did under the Roman empire? Or would you want your people to live like Egyptians farming along the banks of the Nile?
- Military: Whose powerful or weak military techniques do you want to imitate for your own?
- Economics: What type of economy do you want to model yours after? One that is rich in trade like the Greeks or Phoenicians?
- Law and Code: What empire should your laws or codes follow? Do you prefer more of a separation of government like the Roman Empire or you want absolute rule?
- Leadership abilities: Whose leadership qualities do you want to imitate? Would it be Alexander’s ability to unite several groups under one empire, or Darius’ system of organizing satraps to govern different regions?
- Religion: You have a few choices here between Christianity, Judaism, Jainism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and the Greek, Roman and Egyptian traditional religions. You should have knowledge of each by now, so which one will you adopt for your own DIY empire?
- In total, you need to describe six different characteristics that you would borrow from at least four different historical civilizations and incorporate into your own.