Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment-1 students will be able to:
- LO 1.1: Recognize the overall knowledge management processes, concepts, goals and strategies within the context of organization.
- LO 1.2: Describe how valuable individual, group and organizational knowledge is managed throughout the knowledge management cycle.
- L.O 1.3 Define the different Knowledge types and explain how they are addressed by knowledge management in different business environments.
Assignment Questions: (15 Marks)
This Assignment is a report-based assignment.
Besides other materials like journal papers, report, and research articles, students are advised to read chapter 1 to chapter 3 thoroughly from the book prescribed for this course.
Students must use proper references to justify their assignment work.
The Assignment structure is as follows:
- Introduction: The introductory part must contain the following. (5 Marks)
- Concept of knowledge management.
(Provide minimum 3 definitions of knowledge management by well-known authors) followed by detailed discussion about the concept of Knowledge management and its importance in present day world of business. (400-500 Words) (3.5 Mark) Chapter 1
- Define the term “Knowledge”. Use proper example to differentiate the term “Knowledge” from Data, and information. Write a detailed note on major types of Knowledge. (400-500 Words) (3 Marks) Chapter 1
References:(1 Mark). 0 Mark for No references, less than 5 References (0.5 Mark) More than 5 references 1 Mark.
- Knowledge management cycles and Models: (5 Marks)
- Discuss in detail Bukowitz and Williams Knowledge management cycle. How is it different from Wiig’s KM cycle. Write minimum two points of difference. (Minimum 500 words) (3 Marks) Chapter 2
- Discuss in detail the Nonaka and Takeuchi knowledge spiral model of KM. Write a brief paragraph on Choo’s Sense making model. (400-500 words) (3 Marks) Chapter 3
References:(1.5 Marks). 0 Mark for No references, Less than 5 References (0.75 Mark) More than 5 references 1.5 Marks.