1. Identify a situation in your clinical experience where you identified a problem in which you feel change is indicated. This change could theoretically involve or require the formation of a new policy and/ or procedure, or, the enforcement of current policy and/or procedure. Describe the situation and the actual and potential outcomes.
2. Discuss this situation/problem with your clinical instructor and obtain prior approval to proceed with your project.
3. Implement an analysis to identify the potential cause of the issue.
4. Use the Plan-Do-Study-Act method to describe how to effectively implement the change needed to prevent the situation from re occurring.
1. Describe the situation/outcomes and the quality indicators you will• Mix of RNs, LPNs, and Unlicensed Staff Caring for Patients in Acute Care Settings.
2. Perform a literature search to provide evidence-based practice data to support the proposed change needed.
3. Describe how you would use the Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) described in your text to implement this change if you were going to implement your plan.
4. Develop a detailed plan that will allow you to implement this change with minimal resistance. Include how this change should affect client outcomes.
5. Describe the flow of communication that you feel would be necessary to successfully implement this change.