1. There are 6 sugar molecules that are important in nutrition. List them all and indicate which are monosaccharides and which are disaccharides.
2. Provide an explanation about the difference between soluble and insoluble fibers. Give one example of each type of fiber.
3. Explain why consuming whole grains is a better choice?
4. The digestion of STARCH begins in the _____________.
5. What are the two hormones that are critical in how glucose is regulated in the body? Provide a brief description of these two hormones and what they do.
6. What is the difference between Type 1 diabetes and Type 2 diabetes? Which one may be related to OBESITY?
7. List two ways that fats are useful in the body AND in food.
8. In the U.S. diet, name three foods that are the top providers of saturated fats?
9. What are Trans-fatty acids and how do they relate to Hydrogenation?