1. Compare Thomas Hobbes and George Berkeley’s perspective on free will. Whose perspective better reflects how modern psychologists think about free will?
2. What was Hugo Munsterberg’s criticism of Sigmund Freud?
What did Munsterberg think was the right way to think about the mind?
3. How did J.P. Guilford apply Titchener’s approach to studying consciousness to personality and intelligence?
4. According to William James, what are instincts and how are they related to habits?
5. Discuss how Skinner’s operand conditioning theories were both revered and reviled.
6. Describe in detail Kurt Lewin’s three-step model of change and the primary goal of this action research technique in group dynamics.