THE ANALYTICAL PROCESS (1)
1. Identify the EIGHT ‘body shape’ items/statements from the Body Shape Questionnaire .
2. Produce the mean score of the EIGHT items/statements so a higher sum score means a higher level of worry about body shape.
3. Identify the TEN ‘self-esteem’ items/statements from the Self-Esteem Scale.
4. Reverse code FIVE of the ten items/statements .
5. Produce the mean of the TEN items/statements, the ones you just reverse coded and the ones you left the way they were so a higher mean score means higher ‘self-esteem’.
THE ANALYTICAL PROCESS (2)
6. Produce ‘Descriptive Statistics’ on mean ‘self-esteem’ and on mean ‘body
7. Conduct the appropriate statistical test to investigate the relationship between ‘self-esteem’ and ‘body shape’.
8. Produce the appropriate graph that demonstrates this relationship – or lack of.