Leadership in Quality Improvement Summative Assessment.
Design and report on QI project which you could potentially carry out in your place of work. (maximum of 5,000 words) Weighting 100%.
5,000 word assignment which details the background literature review and design of a quality improvement project from identification of a problem to the evaluation of the change. The structure of the assignment will be detailed in the briefing session which forms part of the teaching schedule.
Aims of the project / assessment criteria:
- Identify the importance of the project to the organization or service area
- Clear identification of where the organization / area is in relation to best practice
- Review of relevant literature
- Diagnosis (what is known and extent and causes of problem)
- Design of QI project (to include settings, measures, planned intervention)
- Use of recognised quality improvement methodology
- Identify interventions that can be used
- Identify tools and how you will measure the improvement and what data you will need to gather for the improvement
- How you will monitor progress against baseline
- Reflections on anticipated challenges