Flipkart v Cleartrip Mergers & Acquisitions Case Study Report
Your M&A case study report should include your answers to the following questions. Your answer to each question should be based on any publicly available information including websites, newspapers, magazines, market reports, and so on. You must provide all references to these sources.
– Describe the acquirer company and the target company with brief introductions on both companies
– How much is the total value of the deal for your case?
3. Mindset of both parties
– Is your case a friendly or hostile merger/acquisition? and why?
4. Method of payment
– What is the payment method for your case?
– Is it cash (with its amount), stock (with the exchange ratio), or mix?
5. Type of merger/acquisition
– Which type of merger/acquisition is your case?
– Is it a vertical, horizontal, or conglomerate merger? and why?
– What motives of merger/acquisition for your case?
– Is it creating value, cross-border mergers, dubious motivations? and why?
7. Industrial life cycle stage
– Which industry life cycle stage for the acquirer in your case?
– Is it pioneering development, rapid growth, mature growth, stabilization, or deceleration of growth? and why?
– Is there any regulatory issue on your merger/acquisition?
– Describe the legal issues of your M&A case.
9. Takeover defenses
– Does it have any pre- or post-offer takeover defenses on your case?