Assignment for United States of Distraction by Mickey Huff and Nolan Higdon
Your paper should focus on the following prompt:
According to the author’s, how has the American public become vulnerable?
Your paper must have a main argument, which must appear in the first paragraph. Bold the author’s main argument.You must provide evidence (supporting ideas) in your opening paragraph to support your argument.
Include the title of the book and the author’s names in the first paragraph.
In the body of your paper, discuss 5 topics, which support your argument.
Suggested topics include:
– The importance of commercial free zones.
– Explain the significance of the Communications Act of 1934.
– Explain the impact Fairness Doctrine Act of 1949.
– The impact of conservative faculty and pro-business content in schools.
– Explain the impact of the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
– What is the post-truth era?
You must have a concluding paragraph. Your conclusion should be a brief recap of your main argument and supporting ideas. Do not introduce new information in the conclusion.
Your paper should be typed, double-spaced, 12-point font with a minimum of approximately 5 pages in length.
Use Chicago Style formatting for your footnotes and bibliography. Points will be deducted for not using Chicago style formatting for the footnotes and bibliography. Click the following link for Chicago Style formatting and how to paraphrase:
How to Write a Chicago Style Footnote and Bibliography entry .