Students please read the assigned chapter in your required textbook and research the web to discover answers to the following questions to the best of your ability. Produce your work in a Word document to upload to the course. You MUST cite all your work whether it is cut and pasted or paraphrased (rearranged in your own words). For Example (Sizer, Whitney, 2014, p.p. 517-518) followed by a complete reference citation at the end of your work. Do this even if you take information from the textbook, otherwise you will lose points on the answer. This homework is due Sunday before 11:55pm. No make up or extensions will be provided.
1. Vitamin D deficiency is common here in the Pacific Northwest, why is that an issue and list a common food source. Also, what does a Vitamin D deficiency look like?
2. Find a Vitamin rich food that you like to eat and tell me how you see that it’s vitamin rich. See the Food Feature on pg. 280 to help.
3. After reading Controversy 7 on pg. 285, what are your thoughts on taking vitamin supplements? What would you recommend?
4. Read the article on Liquid Calories, what does this highlight in your own life, would you make any changes? Do you need to drink more water?
5. Tell me about one Vitamin or Mineral that stuck out to you personally as you read this section and why?