Step 1: Research. You should research your structural applications and the construction process used to create your architectural element.
• History of this application/structural system
• How is it made?
• What units and materials is it made of?
• Describe the construction/assembly process.
• What are the structural advantages of this system
Step 6: Reflection. Prepare a 100-500-word debriefing on what you have learned from completing this assignment lab.
• Were you previously aware of this type of timber construction?
• What surprised you?
• What are the structural factors to consider when building with timber in this way?