MGMT 601: Leadership in the Global Context
Final Case Study
This assignment will allow you to demonstrate your analytic and critical abilities, both of which are essential components of leadership. A case study is not mealy descriptive, it is an in-depth self contained critical analysis of an actual problem involving actual clients or subjects.
Here are some of the aspects you might consider inserting into your analysis:
• What are the principal causative factors of the problems?
• Were they reasonably foreseeable?
• Who or which groups are responsible, what was their role?
• Were there any marginalized or discounted groups or perspectives?
• How do the facts affect the client, subjects or victims of your case study?
• Are there leadership or ethical gaps, what leadership styles prevailed throughout?
• What is the best possible outcome, what are your recommendations?
• Are there any inter-disciplinary (eg. legal, regulatory, HR, media …) considerations?