For this part of the project, you’re going to continue using the same topic/event that was used in Capstone Part #1 and do a compare-and-contrast case study. It will require you to view your topic from three different angles: locally, nationally, and globally. Your case study should be written in APA style, have 800 words, and compare and contrast your topic with how it was portrayed from a local, national, and global standpoint.
JUST TO CLARIFY: For this assignment, the local news is where the event took place. For example, the local news coverage for the Columbine school shooting that occurred in 1999 will be Columbine, CO. National news for the event can be any other news coverage that covered the event in the USA including Miami, and the global news will be any country outside of the USA regardless of the native language of the country that covered the event, including Canada, UK, Spain, etc.
- Was there a difference with media coverage about your topic in other parts of the world?
- Were the reactions from media consumers varied in other parts of the world?
- Did different movements happen in other parts of the world based on the topic/event?
- What were the similarities?
- What were the differences?
DO NOT include the questions within your case study and do not summarize the event.