Stress Concentration Experiment.
1. Complete the section of specimen dimensions.
2. Carry out calculation and complete section I of data sheet.
3. Plot Figure 1: A curve of stress vs. strain using the calculated data in Section I of data sheet.
4. Determine the average modulus of elasticity for the rubber specimen based on the curve in Figure 1. The average modulus of elasticity should be the slope of the best-fit straight line through data points in Figure 1.
5. Referring to the specimen drawing in data sheet,
(a) where would the maximum stresses be at the hole?
(b)what is the direction of the maximum stresses?
6. Carry out calculation and complete section II of data sheet. Document your calculation in report.
(a) the maximum local stress
(b) the maximum stress concentration factor at the hole using stress data in section II of datasheet.