1. Introduce a clinical problem or quality improvement opportunity. Define the topic and discuss the importance of this concept as it relates to patient care and QSEN competencies (introductory paragraph).
2. Present a competent discussion of recent scholarly literature (within the last 5 years) regarding the chosen topic. Present clear and logical evidence and/or research about the topic (What information is found in the scholarly literature? Do clinical practice guidelines exist on this topic?
How do these research findings/guidelines contribute to better patient outcomes? Is there evidence of resistance to Evidence-Based Practice as recommended by current research?).
3. Uses a minimum of 3 scholarly references (in addition to the textbook) – at least one from each of the following sources:
a. Systematic Review/Practice Guidelines
b. Journal article citing one specific study
c. Web-Based Resource
Briefly critique the strength of evidence from each source (How much confidence should one have in each and why?)
4. Include a minimum of 2 recommendations for nursing practice, nursing education or nursing research (New protocol? Updated RN training or inclusion in nursing school curriculum? Additional research?).
5. Formatted in current APA style. Use in-text citations and reference all sources at the end of the paper. Include an appropriate student title page, double-spacing, 12-point font, and proper grammar and spelling. Paper must be a minimum of 3-5 pages in length and an abstract page.