PADM 5202 ADMINISTRATIVE LAW-MIDTERM EXAMINATION FOR SUMMER 2022
PART B-ESSAY QUESTIONS
Answer ANY four of the following six questions as completely and as fully as possible. Remember that only responses with appropriate grammar, clarity of expression and logical organization of ideas will be awarded maximum credit
1. What types of agencies are encompassed by administrative law? What two elements have contributed to the perception of administrative law as a unified subject?
2. Clearly describe what a legislative veto is. What case was instrumental in Congress’s declaration of the legislative veto unconstitutional in 1983 and what were the key aspects of that case?
3. Examine each of the following concepts: Standing, Ripeness, exhaustion, primary jurisdiction, and scope of judicial review
4. Is the use of warrants in administrative investigations permissible or not? Cite cases that illustrate the power of administrative agencies to conduct investigations without and with warrants.
5. Fully discuss each of the following concepts: Standing, Ripeness, Exhaustion, primary jurisdiction and scope of judicial review
6. Why is administrative law considered an amalgam of centrifugal forces? To what
extent has the range of administrative activities in the United States grown that
maintaining a disciplinary entity known as administrative law has become difficult?
Even so has administrative law continued to grow? If so how